~ Tarsos on GitHub» By Joren on Tuesday 16 March 2010
The JAVA software program we are developing is called Tarsos and can now be found on GitHub. GitHub is a web-based hosting service for projects that use the Git version control system.
Currently Tarsos is a collection of Java classes to create, compare and process pitch-frequency data using histograms. In it’s current state it is not usable for end-users.
Tarsos is developed at University College Ghent, Faculty of Music and uses a number of open source libraries:
- Gervill: a software sound synthesizer, supports the MIDI Tuning Standard. API.
- Jave: a wrapper for ffmpeg.
- Apache Commons Math: a library of lightweight, self-contained mathematics and statistics components API.
- JASS: a unit generator based audio synthesis programming environment. API.
- Java-getopt: a port of the GNU getopt family of functions. API.
- Ptplot a 2D plotting library. API.